Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

12 September 2005

Dance Fever, starring Steve Spurrier

Hola quesolitos! You are all so good to me, and I hope and pray that I can be even half as good to you. It is another wonderful monday. I know that many of you are back at your jobs, but keep hope, you are after all using company time to read this. May they pay you well for doing so.


Well, I was caught on film again doing what we all know I can do extraordinarily well--dancing. But I wasn't just dancing, I was popping and locking. What can I say, I got soul. Flat out--I got soul. I may not look like it, but I do. I am not trying to get teh big head here, all I am saying is that I can dance...really, really well. I will see if I can get a vid clip on here so that you all can witness to this fact as well. Until then, all you get are stories...true stories. It kinda looks like this pic.

So the NFL is back into it's regular swing. I have several fantasy teams and pick 'em leagues. This first week has confirmed my deepest fears that I have been suspecting were true for several years. I call it: The Spurrier Syndrome.

Okay, so the last few years I have been writing a column in some form or another that is basically the same as my college football bonanza, followed by weekly updates. As you have noticed, I am not absolutely horrible at such prognostication. As a matter of fact, I am pretty decent at it--and take some pride in the fact that I am not so bad at prognosticating on the college game. I also am a participant in several pick 'em leagues for the college game--I usually finish in the top two or three (props to Doug who is a football genius...). Bottom line, I get the college game. Because of this success, I have frequently tried "taking my shot" in the Pros.

This is where the Spurrier Syndrome kicks in--someone can be exceedingly talented at the collegiate level only to find out that they are simply mediocre at best, and a bumbling idiot in honest introspection, when they attempt to take their shot at the pro-game. For some reason, coach Spurrier and I suffer from the same ailment: we can't hack it with the pros. I woe the day of my fantasy drafts. I rue the moment I signed onto these leagues.

Needless to say, I am not doing well after the first week of the NFL. At least I have the Bears...oh wait. They are only further proof of my lack of ability to prognosticate upon the NFL, which stand for Not For Long at the rate I am going.

God save the Cheese...and someone teach him about the pro game...please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home