Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

16 February 2006

More Travelling

Okay, so the life of the world's highest fastball is not easy. Lately it has involved a lot of travel...way too much travel. And this weekend is no exception. So today I pick up a twelve passenger van and in it begin a trek with eight daring souls through the night to reach that most enchanting of destinations--Gatlinburg, TN. I know, it doesn't sound so great, but it will be a blast.

But wait there's more. As soon as I get back on Sunday evening, I get one night's rest, then load my truck up and make a journey with Titus the hyper-anxious wonder mutt to Indiana, the place to where my wife and I will be moving. I realize that that locale sounds even less exciting than Gatlinburg, but it will be awesome as well.

I return on Wednesday via plane (leaving my beautiful truck there to langor without me, and me without it), only to turn around Sunday and fly to Houston with the most incredible woman in the world. Nowkeep in mind that I just returned from an all too worth it trip to Richmond where I saw the basketball game of the century. Whew! I am tired of travel already.

What I can say from experience though is that no matter how bad it may be, the worst traffic ever is ranked, from personal experience (that phrase has a funny story involving my truck, an oil change attendant named Darnell, and a pimped out ride that I will have to tell you all soon):

1. New York City - I would never drive in this city--New York is a great place to walk.
2. Washington DC - Who laid out the freeway system? Marion Barry?
3. Atlanta, GA - Grew too fast and seemingly gave up on ever making it better

So there they are the top three, and until you have experienced them, you'll have to take my word for it.

Take it easy and play safe today. God save the Cheese, and keep him safe as he travels.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Jagnarain said...

New York city isn't the greatest place to drive.. I grant you that.. It's where you take the rat infested Subways! WOHOO! Atlanta was yeah.. like you said.. i dislike washington's high way system..it looks way to nice.. I like Nashville's alot though..

February 16, 2006 5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home