Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

24 January 2006

We're Moving, part 2

Hola quesolitos. So hows about another list, but this time things I won't miss.

I won't miss the worst drivers ever. I won't miss belching factories. I won't miss oil spills in the river. I won't miss cement. I won't miss abandoned row homes. I won't miss urban blight. I won't miss DYFS visits next door each month. I won't miss abandoned cars stacking up in parking lots (as opposed to lawns down south). I won't miss dirty streets. I won't miss shoveling snow. I won't miss having cement for a front yard. I won't miss 13000 residents in 2.7 square miles. I won't miss stop lights. I won't miss the Brooklawn shoprite. I won't miss road construction. I won't miss dudes that sit outside in nothing but briefs and a beergut. I won't miss shirtless joe (the drunker less famous cousin of shoeless joe). I won't miss so many drunk people in general. I won't miss anti-church group stances in politics. I won't miss global warming. I won't miss lawyers, and their lawyers, and their lawyers, and their lawyers...

I won't miss any of that.

There are some people I am going to miss greatly though...but maybe we'll talk about that next time.

God save the cheese.

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Jagnarain said...

You won't miss the massive pot holes either.. and the road construction that takes forever and a day..

January 24, 2006 5:31 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Yo! How you doin?
What about property taxes and car insurance? Oh, and when you're driving down a road and the name changes 4 times, not to mention the number of towns you go through. And how you can drive on the north-south freeway (that's 42 to nonlocals) and start in Camden County, go thru Gloucester County, and end up back in Camden County.

January 26, 2006 7:25 PM

 
Blogger Tater_Pez said...

I hope when you mentioned "belching factories" you weren't refering to my darling daughter. Where the title is appropriate, she has never been referred as that before. And what about circles? I wouldn't miss them.

January 26, 2006 8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last one wasn't tate, it was me.

January 26, 2006 8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home