Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

23 January 2006

We're Moving.

Hola Quesolitos. Don't be worried. This isn't one of those weak attempts at a life-metaphor, where someone uses a real life phrase or commonality to refer to some on-line activity in a hokey kind of old-fashioned way. Breathe easy, the High Cheese is staying right where it is.

The real news is that the most wonderful woman in the world and I will be soon moving. Honestly, I never thoght that I would say this: I am going to miss South Jersey like crazy. I mean, I will miss the little things, like diners everywhere and not one good one anywhere. I will miss the boroughs that seemlessly flow into one another without much notice. I will miss the row homes. I will miss the WaWa (if you don't know, now you know). I will miss the look of respect that is earned the moment you say that you are from New Jersey. I will miss the street fights. I will miss cheesesteaks. I will miss the abandoned homes and factories and the crooked town governments. I will miss traffic circles. I will miss Irish cops. I will miss being so close to Philly and NYC that our state halves itself in allegiance to either. I will miss living in a football state--and a hockey state. I will miss being a part of the northeastern bias. I will miss people who assume that yous guys is good english. I will miss the perazzelli's lemonade. I will miss being offered a drink every time I say God's best friends are Irish in public. I will miss actually walking past mafia storefronts. I will miss being at a place where a majority of people take the train to work. I'll miss blue collars and blue states. I'll miss bruce springsteen being quoted as an authority on any subject. I'll miss bridges. I'll miss Jersey peaches. I'll miss paying a toll to leave the state. I'll miss my southern accent being as much of a novelty. I'll miss living next to the most dangerous city in America. I'll miss having 12 urban music radio stations. I'll miss going down the shore. I'll miss really good buffalo wings. I'll miss catholic schools. I'll miss local brewing companies. I'll miss local history that is national history. I'll miss it all. I will miss it all.

Then again there are some things that I won't really miss...But we will talk about that tomorrow.

God save the Cheese.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tater_Pez said...

and yous guys is not good english??

January 23, 2006 5:36 PM

 
Blogger Tater_Pez said...

and let me say yous guys will be missed. in honor of you post i will update my post with some art that captures my mood...

January 23, 2006 5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you kristen, at least some one is happy that they are leaving us. sniff, sniff.

January 24, 2006 12:47 AM

 
Blogger Matthew S. Jagnarain said...

This isn't right.. Don't think about that now.. it's a happy time ur here with us..

January 24, 2006 5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home