Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

30 June 2006

MorganStanley Does Not Rock

So we are visiting friends in New Jersey, hence, my quesolitos, I have not been writing as frequently as perhaps I should be. Sorry about that. I will try harder to get more frequent updates.

Last night I watched a Beatles cover band called Beatlemania Now! They were actually pretty talented guys. Good solid show. Fine set list. Normally I heckle at these sorts of events calling out songs that no Beatles cover band would bother learning (i.e. Piggies, I Dig a Pony, Glass Onion), but this band was better than that.

What wasn't right was the way that the concert sponsors, MorganStanley, had elite seats at a free show in the park. It doesn't bother me necessarily that the sponsor had a nice box of seats, it bothers me that they fenced off their boxed seats from the rest of us with a barrier that ran all the way to the front of the stage and all the way accross the front of the stage. This would have been okay if their seats weren't twenty feet from the stage. Needless to say, the MorganStanley investment geeks neveer got out of their seats. By the end, the masses had broken through and the band came alive, but this was litterally for the last song and the encore.

Thank you Morgan Stanley. You may be great with a portfolio, but you sure know how to suck the life out of what could have been a great concert.

God save the Cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home