Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

26 June 2006

World Cup Fever

Hola Quesolitos! Happy monday!

Okay, so every moment I get I am watching the world cup. So far I have DVR-ed every game and watched it. I was crushed yesterday as a Russian ref tied the record handing out 16 yellow cards in one game, yet inexplicably swallowed his whistle twice when the dutch strikers were fouled inside the penalty box. Surely he figured that he did not want to influence the game's outcome, but when you call everything and then don't make obvious calls in the box you still influence the game's outcome...even more so.

Well, the Dutch lost and so goes another world cup for the High Cheese. I blame my uncle for my affection for the Dutch team. Oh well, things could be worse--you could be a portugal fan who will have to watch your team battle england with only nine guys on the field (once again thanks to the Russian ref who, as James put it, "will be lucky to get a job calling PAL soccer in Kokomo, IN" after this debacle).

As a salute to the Dutch, here is a logo to appreciate:

God save the Cheese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wilkinson said...

PAL soccer in Kokomo! Love that line James! As one who used to live in the "city of firsts" (if you have ever been to Kokomo, you know that this town does not deserve that title), I applaud that sentiment. I too am sad for the Dutch. It's kind of like watching Punch-Drunk Love. You cheer for Adam Sandler's character. But you also realize how pathetic his situation truely is.

June 26, 2006 12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home