Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

07 June 2006

Bad Taste Strikes Again

So here I am at work, little cheese-buddies, and I realize that this day is going to be one of those days where the workload is normal, the distrqactions are minimal, but for some reason, getting into gear is not happening and that means that I will be here for longer than it should take to get it done. Oh well, that's how it goes. So what do I do to get motivated and get to work? That's right, I update for y'all. Lucky Dogs.

Well, chalk another casualty up for contemporary R&B and Rap. As a category they have single handedly dismantled and destroyed more quality songs than any other genre--heck, more than aall the other genres combined. I mean, of course there are the major mistakes, like "Every Move You Make"--a great song about stalking by the Police, or a really crappy and underwhelming goodbye rap for Biggy Smalls by his buddy then named Sean Puffy Combs. Sometimes I feel like Mugato being the only person who notices that Derek Zoolander has only one look, but I will try again: Am I the only person who thinks that Sean Combs, aka Puffy, aka Puff Daddy, aka P Diddy, aka Diddy doesn't rap that well. It seems he lacks talent as well as a consistent name.

Well, the latest victim is the song "One" by U2. And like Sting before them, they aparently conspired against themselves and helped Mary J. Blige ruin their song. Now, MJ is talented, but let's face it. We have all sang that soulful version of One in the shower of a morning. I was not wowed. I was angry.

Thanks for a great start to the day contemporary R&B/Rap. You are second only to MTV when it comes to those most likely to bring about the end of music altogether.

God save the Cheese...and turn up the Ramones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home