Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

22 November 2005

The Life I Love is Making Music With My Friends

Ahhhh...my beloved quesolitos. I harken this ballad from one of music's greatest in order to simply underline how wonderful last night was. After a weekend of serious work and working seriousness, I managed to gather a group of my closest and most talented friends and we celebrated the gift of music together. What began as a couple of guitars and a mandolin, ended as five guitars, a mandolin, a fiddle (Aubrey is a multi-talented music makin machine), a keyboard, and some bongos. Sweet...sweet...sweet.

Actually, instead of working on my studies as efficiently as I need to, I have recently been putting long hard hours in at the studio. I am putting the last touches on my first album, an indie, which should drop (meaning out of my personal hand to the floor, no parties as of yet)within a couple of months (probably not near any of you, except tater--but the album has dropped basically in his house for the last few months...so whaddaryagonnado?). I am overall pretty pleased with it, although the music that I am writing now is considerably different, which is perhaps a bit odd. Still, go with the inspiration and passion as it carries you. That's what I always say (actually that is the first time I have ever said that). Once I finish the album, I may try to post a song on here if I can figure out how--but don't hold your breath. I am after all supposed to be working on a dissertation.

I am actually really glad that my life has finally slowed down some. Also, the most incredible woman in the world returns tonight and I cannot wait!

Well, hope your times are as good as mine. God save the Cheese.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tater_Pez said...

What I think is great is that Jag said 4 guitars and you said 5 and I thought 6. My point is not the difference in the # of guitars although we could discuss that. My point and I do have @ least 1 ...the playing wasn't mind-blowing I could only basically hear myself playing but the fellowship was wicked-hard-core.

November 22, 2005 8:03 PM

 
Blogger Chips said...

I had a great time with you all. It's all about the fellowship.

November 23, 2005 12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home