Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

05 January 2006

Hook 'em

Alright, quesolitos. James definitely wins the freakishly accurate score prediction as he called for a 41-39 UT victory, and we all saw that it was a 41-38 UT victory. James, what do you got on the pick three this weekend? Also, kudos to Rell for stepping up and admitting his man-crush (James' is Clive Owen); however, Rell, I question whether or not you had this man-crush before you knew about his extraordinarily lazy speech pattern--which, by the way, lost him the heisman in my book.

Well, that's it, another year of college football--the best sport in the universe heretofore--has come to its completion. This means that we who are more than casual fans of the game begin watching the recruiting battle very closely. Now, mind you, I watch it year round, what with my handy link to Tide Sports on the right of this very blog (aren't I helpful). But now the races really heat up. An extra kudos, by the way, to Mack Brown for his unabashed recruiting ploy as he thanked Texas High School Football after UT's win. God bless him, he got five new kids with that one alone.

Now, no one I know comes out of this happier than my cousin James (VY included). But it raises an interesting discussion in my mind. James' Astros blew the World Series--and I mean they sucked it up--but his Longhorns won the National Title. So I put the question to everyone, as a bonus question of the day, per se: Would you rather win a National Title or a World Series? Why?

God Save the Cheese.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get some things straight. The Astros did not get "whipped." There is a difference between getting "swept" and getting "whipped." The Astros lost four games in a row by a total of 6 runs.

It's true - I addressed the questions in my own blog, and for that I apologize. But I would rather have the World Series. 44 years of baseball championship emptiness for the Astros, but the World Series has been around since 1903. The BCS has been around since, what, 1997? I don't even know. But the Longhorns have won before, in 1963, 1969, and 1970. 36 years. Not bad, but not never.

If Vince declares for the draft, I would want the Texans to take him. This is solely for the reason that I hate USC so much that I would not be able to look past the fact that Reggie Bush went to USC, yet played for the Texans.

By the way, Washington 17 Tampa Bay 14; Jacksonville 24 New England 31; Pittsburgh 10 Cincinnati 27

January 05, 2006 12:42 PM

 
Blogger Rell said...

oh yea -- you saw the Hike for the Heisman, Vince is that dude and i've enjoyed watching him all year. Even shelled out 100.00 to get gameplan so i could watch all his games.

January 05, 2006 5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home