Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

29 March 2006

Cubs 2006 Preview (part 1)

Boy howdy, my quesolitos, I have had a good morning already, but it seems like there is always a ton of stuff to do. Recently took a new job and it is a big one. Lots of work to do before I can get to work--basically have to put a structure and some groundwork in place before I can really do the stuff i want to. Big project, but hey, God thinks I am the guy for it, so I must be. I'm all in (poker term).

Well, just about 5 days before opening night and 6 till opening day and I am pretty excited about it. My cubs look incredible again; however, they also look just incredible enough to miss the playoffs again. You know how some video games (Madden and All-Star Baseball) in the franchise mode let you decide who your team trainers are going to be? Yeah, well, play your cards wrong on that one, and your team spends all year on the IL...kind of like the Cubs great pitching staff. We go four deep with potential hall of famers who spend more time laid up than Christopher Reeves. This is getting to be really painful even to watch. We have to find some trainers and health staff that can fix our guys and make them rest long enough to actually completely heal. I can see that.

Well, in true Cubs fashion, lift your glasses high and say it with me: Here's to next year!

God save the Cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home