Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

20 March 2006

Back Home Again In Indiana

Hola quesolitos and welcome to the first day of spring. Woohoo! I've not had this much fun in...well...okay, so I have had this much fun and more fairly recently, but that is not the point. The point is that no matter how crappy the weather is today, and it is fairly crappy here in my new home, it is still spring. That means that the words of the old prophet, Eddie Vedder, are true when he writes, "No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead." Ahh...the truth of those words.

Anyway, so the most incredible woman in the world and I travelled across country--actually across part of the country, I mean, we didn't drive to Oakland or anything--in order to arrive at our newest chapter in life, which is actually a part 2 of a previous chapter. We have lived in Indiana before back in high school, where the Cheese proved himself quite the ladykiller snagging his highschool sweetheart whom he would later marry (the aforementioned most incredible woman in the world). If it was that great last time, how much greater will it be this time. Of course it wasn't perfect last time either, but hey, this is a new chapter...or a new part of an old chapter...or simply what's next. So anyway, we are here.

On the way we stayed the night in Morgantown, West Virginia. Not a bad town, and their basketball team is for real (just like bradley...who knew?). Anyway, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (and feel much smarter now thank you) in Morgantown, and I cannot let a another moment pass without telling you all that it was the best hotel room I have ever stayed in--and I have stayed in classic luxury in the french quarter, island resorts in Hawaii, the crown jewel of Disney's in park resorts, and many other fine locales (now I have stayed in some dives as well, but hear me out). The bed was amazing, the room was huge, the shower was awesome. I give it my highest recommendation. If you are ever hard up for a place to stay in Morgantown, WV, look no further than the Holiday Inn Express. Okay commercial's over.

So on Sunday, the most incredible woman in the world and I were able to visit the house that we are buying and will close on in just a few days. it was the first time that she had actually seen the house--imagine that! She had the trust to buy the house on my recommendation alone, sight unseen! haha, one born every minute. I could sell ice water to eskimos people. In reality, she is not a sucker and had sent her mom as proxy when I hunted. Smart girl. Anyway, she loved the house and I scored major points. I am after all, a ladykiller as discussed earlier. All I need is my purple double-breasted coat and a little more hair, and I am back to my highschool aura--wait, that description was not as flattering as it could have been, but oh well.

Well, I miss my friends back in Jersey, but things are going pretty well here. Continue to pray for us as we launch into the new chapter/part/thingy. Thanks.

God save the Cheese.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and your fanily in Jersey misses you as well.


Oh, it's a Black Crowes kinda day!

March 20, 2006 1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home