Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

18 July 2005

The Great American Mullet Hunt

Welcome to a new week! The cheese is already out of the strike zone today, so look out! I'm head-hunting and looking to get ejected!

Yeah, so the most incredible woman in the world and I are looking into taking a group of young folks to that mecca of american oppulance and obesity: Six Flags. I know that this is a bad idea. Thiis raises a question: Why are amusement parks so un-amusing for the great majority of us? Nevertheless, we will probably go.

Honestly, I am creeped out by the dancing old guy in those six flags ads. He looks like a child molester if I've ever seen one. Someone get him a white conversion van and a mustache with no beard. That way he is in full regalia.

Actually, one of the funnest trips I have ever had to an amusement park was when the wife and I, along with my brother and one of his plethora of ladies, bought some disposable cameras and went on a mullet hunt! The six flags mullet safari is a very dangerous thing to try. The sheer agression in the mullet wearer is just one part of the danger. They absolutely hate to have their glorious plumage captured on film. Like the Aborigine they fear that the photo takes some of their soul. If you are caught, you will most surely be stomped by several mullets in Whitesnake t-shirts with the sleeves ripped off, tight jeans, and boots of various kind. Frightful indeed.

In order to successfuly steal a photo of the mullet's beatiful plumage, one must deceive the mullet into thinking that you are not taking the picture of him. We perfected our art by having one of us stand near a mullet and then act as though we were taking our own picture, secretly missing our own party to shoot the mullet centrally in the photo. A daring and ultimately successful tactic.

I do not recommend you try this unless you are well prepared.

Anyway...

As a tease: I remember the time that my cousin and some of his friends got absolutely decimated in hoops by Tito Jackson. More on that later.

1 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

you bet he does. A personal hero! Seeing him makes me feel alive with pleasure.

July 18, 2005 3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home