Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

05 July 2005

Guess Who's Back and Rash Free!!!

Everybody start to lose control because the cheese is back on the clock. Punch in and roll your sleeves up; we are not stopping for anything now! If this cheese is to high, then you need to back up off the dish! What a day!!! We are back baby!

Well, a week of sweat, dirt, grime, grit, dust, and the sugershack only served to get me even more fired up than before. I led an expedition of twenty-three folks out to a place called the Agape Farm for Creation 2005. Basically it is a four-day Christian Woodstock. Tremendous music, great speakers, awesome kiddos!!!, and a whole heck of a lot of dust.

Actually, this is a major victory. You see, the cheese has very recently in his life developed troubling alergies to most all outdoors. Sure I took over six benedryl a day, but I managed to come home without a rash. Sweet!

Also, I am now officially clean for the first time in five days. I actually think that I managed to be dirtier for a longer period of time than I have ever been before. Camp showers aren't to clean you, they are to cool you down, wake you up, and knock the stink off. In this case, they only cooled you down (read here the increased windy gasping that is the natural reaction of an ice cold shower...you know how it hurts and you foolishly think that this loud and hurried breathing with the occasional "whooo...I mean, whooo that's cold," is actually going to make you any warmer or restore natural function to your body) and woke you up (whoo that's cold!).

All in all many valuable lessons were learned, but perhaps none more valuable than the fact that the group found out that Cesar is destined to be a wonderful kisser. Who would have thought? (For the rest of you: This is what is called an inside joke--a humorous statement for those intimately involved with a particular circumstance that they had special closeness to and therefore can relate to the humor of the actual statement. Unfortunately, this is not so democratic, because it favors an elite group of "insiders" over against the thriving masses who now long to be one of these insiders. As to you "outsiders" I suggest that you unite, rebel, and cut the insiders' tires at night. Don't take these inside jokes sitting down!)

God save the cheese!

By the way, remind me to tell you about the time I saw a dead man being lifted up by a crane out of a swamp on the side of the road (this is a called a tease in the industry).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home