Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

21 July 2005

Waylon and Willie, and the Boys

Greetings adoring fans of the high cheese! How about this, the big five-o! This is the fiftieth post to the cheese since its inception. I have never been more proud.

I appreciate all of the responses to the safehouses post, and I don't want to seem like I am being arrogant, but honestly people, this is my specialty--I know these things. I don't know a lot in this world, but public restrooms I know. Still, thank you for your shared knowledge, I am sure the world will benefit.

So I was singing along the other day to one of my favorite songs all time: "Luckenbach, TX" by Waylon Jennings (if you don't know, now you know). Well, I should present this as it really is. If you have ever been sitting in traffic or at a stop light and looked over and seen someone absolutely performing a song, not simply humming along or even saying the words, but holding a fake mic and all and really going after it--selling it...that's me. I go for it. So, short story long, I am gettin' it to some Waylon. People staring, wishing they were me, y'know.

Well, have you ever sang along with a song only to find out that you are singing the wrong words? Let me clue you in on what part really tripped me up:

Waylon: The only two things in life that make it worth livin', are guitars in tune and good, firm-feeling women.

Me: The only two things in life that make it worth livin', are guitars and two good firm-feeling women.

This is only a minor difference, but it is, in acutality, very crucial. You see, I have three things that make life worth livin'. Unless of course, the two good, firm-feeling women counts as one collective thing in life. In which case, I may have actually outwritten my counterpart. Thanks Waylon, but my my version is better.

This song also deserves props because everyone who sings in it actually speaks of themselves in the third person--long before rappers ever stole and subsequently soiled this maneuver.

Peace out, homies. Much love.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Y said...

I'll be durned. I thought it was two good, firm-feeling women, too. I simultaneously thought it odd that Waylon's reason for living was two chicks doublin'-up on him. I didn't know, now I know.

July 21, 2005 5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home