Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

10 January 2006

Another Day, Another Dollar

Hola my wonderful quesolitos. The High Cheese is happy to give a special blogger of the day award to brighton luis ramos-gaffney. Indeed, he was not just celebrating the anniversary of his birth, but indeed his actual birthday on the day the question was asked. Way to go champ! We're proud of you. Everyone raise a glass and toast the little fella. Sorry to all others who came so close and got so excited about their near win.

So I slept wrong last night and now I have a crick in my neck. It hurts, and undoubtedly I will spend the rest of the day trying to see just how far I can move my head to the right before it hurts like crazy. Am I the only one who does this? I mean, I know it's gonna hurt. I know it's not working just right. Yet the rest of the day is spent in slow torture. Meaningless, it's all meaningless.

Speaking of things that are probably meaningless, the Cubs have actually impressed me this offseason. They have acquired two greaat outfielders who are solid leadoff guys and can flat out run and defend--Jacques Jones and Juan Pierre. In addition they passed on Jeramy "(1-4, 3K)" Burnitz and his $17 million, bringing up a young stud to patrol right. They even moved Patterson for two minor leaguers to the Orioles, who are apparently trying to reassemble the steroid era Cubs outfield, not realizing that there are significant reasons why guys used to hit .320 with 35 dingers, and now hit .215 with 13 dingers. Hmmm...

Talking about aquiring talent, some lucky team in the NFL (they say Titans) will acquire the talents of Texas QB Vince Young who turned on his word and declared himself eligble for the draft. Y'know, I'm sorry for being cynnical (not really) but having to choose between a senior year in college where he is royalty and treated like it in every way any time while winning the heisman he should have won this year, and going to the NFL to make multi-million dollars, well that no longer counts in my book as a "really hard decision." No! That is a choice between two very appealing options in which either choice is praised as the right one. It is not like the choice to have to sever one limb from the body and being forced to choose which one, or which of your drowning kids to save. Those are hard choices. But are we really expected to empathize with this analogical Brad Pitt--Anniston or Jolie...oh no, this choice is so hard...I've lost so much sleep over it...wah wah wah. Get real man. Either way, you are set. So, even though it wasn't a really hard choice, congrats VY, you deserve it.

Alright, enough. God Save the Cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home