Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

10 May 2006

Break Time's Up!

Well, Quesolitos, the break is over. I had taken a week off from everyone's favorite high fast ball so that I could catch up on a few important areas of life. The break was nice, but to be honest with you...I missed you guys...really.

Well this morning finds me welcoming the seventh hour of the day with a coke zero and some dry honey nut cheerios--a wonderful start if you ask me. But it also finds me frustrated at myself, because I have managed to get out to work very early today so that I could get some serious work done (like this....okay, well maybe "serious work" was a bit over dramatic), but I managed to get here with everything except my cell phone. Those of you who have done this know my pain. It is the distinct pain of two merging and disconsonant voices. One side of me says, "Good for you, buddy. You escaped the electronic leash. Just a few more steps and you can be off the grid for good. At least you can enjoy a day without being bugged while you are doing everything else you should be doing anyway." And then the other voice chimes in, "Nice work moron. Now when your mom calls you in desperate need of your help, you will be whistling dixie out of your rearend at the office while your phone vibrates itself off the table at home in helpless disconnection."

Maybe I should walk the three blocks back to my house and get it. That would have taken less time than this. Hmmmm....

Oh yeah, go cubs. They look great don't they. Sweet 6-1 loss last night. We even exploded for three runs the other night against San Diego. Woohoo!

God save the Cheese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Jagnarain said...

I hear the phillies are doing good.. but they slack off at the end of the season... Hopefully the Mets will step up there game.. and same for the Yanks..

May 10, 2006 10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home