Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

03 May 2006

Out of Place?

Alright, quesolitos, I know I am a little late getting this post up, but i am trying after all--I am a very busy Cheese you know. Well, because I know you are all dying for an update on the whole slim-a-cheese event going down in my town, I will let you know that as of today we are down 8.5 lbs in 11 days. Yeah, so I gots it to lose. But actually, little cheese balls, that is not what I wanted to talk about today, so let us move towards the point.

So I am on the phone with a good friend the other night who happens to live in the greater Detroit area (talk about benefitting from coloquial speech--is there anything great about being near Detroit? No. Nevertheless...), and he bears the nickname Pastor. It went something like this:

Pastor: Guess where I am? (he was excited.)

Cheese: The bathroom.

Pastor: Try again. (he was briefly let down...then excited again.)

Cheese: The proctologist.

Pastor: No. I am at the Palace. (He was annoyed.)

Cheese: Oh...which one? (I was confused)

Pastor: Dude, THE palace. Y'know, where the Pistons play! (He was let down again.)

Cheese: Yeah, I know. (I was lying.)

Pastor: Check this out. There is this guy here wearing a Detroit jersey.

Cheese: Wow. You called me for that? (I was let down.)

Pastor: A Detroit Redwings jersey. (He had set me up.)

Cheese: Yeah so?

Pastor: Look, I know they are in the playoffs too, but you came to a basketball game instead of a hockey game. At least rep the right team.

Cheese: But isn't city pride city sports pride?

Pastor: No. Completely different teams, different games, different jerseys. It has to stop. (he was insensed, but not at me.)

Cheese: I'll give you that. (I gave in. he was feeling it. I could tell.)

Well, my question for you all is this: Was it in fact a good point? Do you like it when people wear a different teams jersey to the game (i.e. Redwings jerzey to Pistons game? What about different sports (i.e. me wearing an Alabama football jersey to a Yankee's game last year)? What about non-throwback retired or traded player's jerseys to the right team (i.e. the guy wearing the T-Mac Magic jersey to and Orlando basketball game)? I need to know this...so please, lemme know.

For the record, let me tell you how many times I capitolized the word jersey as I typed this because I am used to living in south Jersey, with a capitol J. Ah...I miss your smoke stacks and urban blight.

God save the Cheese.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tater_Pez said...

ok....where the right jersey to the right game already...its not even a question. people who don't follow the basic rules in life are lost and do not need direction...they were not paying attention in kindergarten.

May 05, 2006 12:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing to hear someone be real. Its cool to read about real people who serve Jesus.

I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don't want to be a pest, I just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

July 05, 2006 11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home