Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

17 May 2006

Here's to you...

Well, my little cheese ones (quesolitos), we have emerged victorious...at least for now. Thanks to Jerry Logan, who I am forever indebted to, our plumbing issues have been solved and bathroom renovation has resumed.

You know, there is atill a part of me that resents help from people I know. I mean, the honest truth is that I know two things about plumbing, 1) Jack, 2) Crap. That is it. So it can't take really long for me to be in over my head. Nevertheless, when a problem arises that I cannot fix, there is still this part of me that would rather call a professional plumber that I do not know and have him come bail me out, as opposed to calling someone I know who is simply more trained in the arts of man than I am. This is foolish and completely linked to shame, but still, I can't get past it.

Either way, we got Jerry Logan, a friend and fellow churchmember out there and he sweated the thingy off the pipe. I felt that I had sweated quite a bit over the pipe, but hadn't had progress. His sweating it off involved a propane torch and this weird heat resistant wrench. I am sure that I would have caught the inside of my bathroom wall on fire had I tried it.

Raise your glasses people...this one is for Jerry Logan.

Oh yeah. We turned the water back on and I finally got to shower. Small victories.

God save the Cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home