Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

03 April 2006

Opening Day, Closing Day

Hola quesolitos! I hope that Monday finds you all as tired as me. This blessed day has been declared National Nap Day. No, really. The holiday makers determined that the first monday after Daylight Savings Time begins is actually National Nap Day. So here's to supporting their decision.

Actually, bigger than that, even, is the fact that today is opening day of the baseball season! Boy Howdy! I am fired up. I can't wait for another summer of action. After all, it is baseball that has bequeathed this blog with its very namesake--the high cheese, named for a high fastball that is thrown dangerously near the face, yet gives the hitter false hope that he can reach the ball with the abt before it is past him. It is almost impossible to catch up to the high cheese.

Today, by the way, is also closing day for my wife and I. We finish the arduous task of buying a house today. Pray for us. I personally am exhausted with trying to be somewhere without having a place to truly be. That is hard work you know. So hopefully all goes well and we own the house by this evening.

Be sure to look for tomorrow's update of the year--the "rest of the story" is well worth the few simple clicks it will take you to get here. Unless of course it doesn't really take any clicks because you have made the high cheese your homepage--in which case we are appreciative that you are so desperate.

God save the Cheese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Jagnarain said...

I hope your house thing goes alright.. How's the youth going?

April 03, 2006 4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home