Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

11 July 2006

Follow-up

Yeah, so unlike most of you out there in cyberspace, I called the poison control center hotline.

Turns out they weren't being as alarmist as they could have been. I mean, sure, this stuff is a bio-terror weapon waiting to happen, but hey, whaddaryagonnado?

So the guy looks up the product and is surprised at the seriousness of this particular incident. At first he asked me if my arm was feeling okay. Upon my answer that it felt as good as the rest of me, just a lot cleaner, he sobered me up by asking if there was any persistant irritation..."like painful burning." I answered properly, "no." and stopped laughing at my own jokes. Then he inquired as to the health of my other fish in the tank, "Are they still alive?" I thought to myself, Good Lord, what is this stuff...battery acid? He followed that up with a fairly concerned, "Well, you should be fine, but definitely limit your exposure to the product (you mean I cant soak my underwear in it overnight?), and if chemical burns begin to develop you need to get to an emergency room immediately."

He then told me not to dispose of the product in an indoor or outdoor sink. This made me curious: "What sink can I use?" I laughed at my joke again.

"No sink is safe for this product." He didn't laugh, but he did sign off, "Have a nice day." I don't think he meant that.

My arm has yet to develop chemical burns and has not fallen off. I am in the clear, but I better stop thinking about that product or it may get angry. I will not taunt it, or breathe in its general direction too often either. And neither should any of you.

God saved the Cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home