Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

14 June 2005

Life as a Tourist in the Great Northwest

Hey there fans of the old 0-2 chin music (the high cheese is actually a high fastball in baseball slang)! I know you might be thinking, his posts are coming later than usual. But factor in the time change please, it is crucial. I'm west coast now baby!

Kelly (the aforementioned most wonderful woman in the world) and I take a funfilled trip to Mt. Rainier today. That should be a blast. Aparently we are going to this place where it is 6,000 feet elevation called (no lie) "paradise."

That is what I am talking about! We need more places to just lay it on the line. I want some bold statements of faith. The world needs them. You need to just say this place is paradise. You know how in the Bible, Jesus told that crook on the cross that today they would be in paradise together, they ment 6,000 feet up Mt. Rainier! This is paradise.

But any faith statement is welcome. "This is best darn burrito in the free world!" Or something like, "I am the sweatiest man on the planet." Or, "Plastic is the work of Satan." These are the statements we need more of just so that we know that the absolute still has a place in the world. Forget one size fits most--what is that?!? Weak. One size fits ALL! And a special shout out to TCBY for standing for This Country's Best Yogurt! That is a fiath statement! That is an absolute. I likes it alot.

About Kelly, today she will be with me in Paradise. (Very nice rhetorical device there if I do say so myself.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home