Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

15 June 2005

Two Tickets to Paradise

Good day to all of you out there who are just chomping at the bit to find out what the high cheese is offering for dinner today! We have the Eddie Money special: Two Tickets to Paradise.

Updating you on all the details of yesterday's trip with the most wonderful woman on the planet, I have to suggest that all of you make your way to Mt. Rainier before you die (from happiness to morbidity so quickly...my specialty). Two tickets to Paradise actually only cost ten bucks total--they charge per car load (who would have thought). Anyway, Paradise leaves a bit to be desired I guess. I'm not bitter, but it was bitter cold and had more fog than I would have thought having heard mention of the name. Still, the view was breathtaking (actually the way I described it at the time was a little less poetic: "Wow. Have you ever looked at something so big you wanted to take a dump in your pants right there?"). Looking back, I may have detracted from Paradise as well.

Heading back down we stopped at Longmire Camp and then hiked up the Wonderland Trail (I didn't name that either, but whoever did is genius) through the Ramparts (another great name, this place is on fire!) up to Ramparts Ridge (elevation 6,000+ ft.), down the Rampart Ridge trail to the Trail of Shadows (the hits just keep coming) and back to Longmire (just under 6 miles). All I can say is that it was incredible and you have to go sometime. I may make it a goal in my life to hike all 96 miles of the Wonderland Trail.

So what did you do with your Tuesday? If you want, you can live vicariously through mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home