Regular musings about those things most important in life--especially family, music, and college athletics. I hope you laugh. Please don't throw rocks at me.

18 June 2005

The Tallest and Dumbest Hear Their Names First

Cheese lovers and friends:

One editorial redaction: After another hour of conversation with my uncle, who is the most knowledgable professional wrestling fan I have ever met, I can redeem him by saying that he realizes his passion is odd, but really knows his stuff. The man is amazing--he knows the real name of like every wrestler on the planet! Truly enlightening.

On to the good stuff for today kiddos.

So back in Jersey the sun is hot and I am sweaty. Titus, my most faithful companion and truest friend, is back from the kennel and appears to have gone on hunger strike. I hope that the neighbors don't call myself and the most wonderful woman in the universe in for pet abuse.

I had the opportunity to attend a local high school graduation yesterday. Man oh man are they different here than what I was expecting. This was the most tearful "happiest moment of our lives" I have ever seen. First off, all graduation ceremonies should not exceed one and one half hours, period. Even if they are not done, they should have to call the game. Anything longer is tedious. This one went like eight hours or something (okay a long two, but the bleechers almost gave me the piles). There were three (three!) student speakers who all sounded like they had plegiarized from one another and all of them cried (a father's unexpected death, heartbreak and defeat, and sympathy or fitting in, I think, respectively.). It was very heavy stuff. At my graduation we had a kid scrap his speech and give an impromptu about getting some action in college. Then there were three (three more!) adult speakers (ramblers, might be more approapriate). Then they called the names of the graduates--not in alphabetical order, but--get ready--in order of a combined z-score average of your class rank and your height...no lie, this is the real statsical organization of the names! Amazing. Really freaking weird, but amazing.

Well, the most wonderful woman in the world is hungry and so am I. Enjoy your day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home